- 5 kg kangaroo meat
- 1 kg pork fat
- Natural casings
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 25-50g rock salt, or to taste
- Onion flakes
- 1-2 eggs
- Splash of ice water
- Grind meat with pork fat spread evenly throughout.
- Place sausage attachment, with casings, onto meat grinder. Note: if natural casings are used, make sure to rinse the casings inside and out in water before placing on sausage attachment.
- In a bench top mixer, combine mince, seasoning and egg.
- Mix until a paste-like consistency is achieved, add splash of water if needed.
- Place meat back into grinder with sausage attachment.
- Pull approx. 3-4 inches of casing off the attachment and tie a knot in the end. This will be the beginning of the first sausage.
- Slowly feed meat into the casings, making sure not to overfill them.
- Leave approx. 4-5 inches of casing once all meat is fed through.
- Twist sausages into desired lengths.
- Tie end off.
Here is a video of the process:
We made kangaroo sausages and filmed it 🎥Nothing connects you to reality more than hunting and preparing your own food! What is your favourite game sausage recipe?
Posted by HuntShack on Tuesday, 26 September 2017