A delicious, melt in your mouth curry that the whole family will love. The kangaroo meat can be substituted for any red meat. Let us know in the comments below if you try it out.
- 1kg game meat (kangaroo)
- 3 x onions
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 jar Malaysian rendang curry paste
- 2 cans coconut milk
- 2 cans coconut cream
- Olive oil
- Preheat oven to 160C (320F).
- Heat olive oil in large pot on high.
- Add onions and garlic. Cook until lightly browned.
- Add curry paste and stir until fragrant (approx. 2 mins).
- Add game meat and cook until browned on all sides.
- Add 2 cans coconut milk and 1 can coconut cream. Note: add other can if liquid gets too low.
- Bring to a simmer.
- Place lid on pot and put in the oven.
- Cook until meat falls apart (min. 6 hours).
Kangaroo rendang curry. This is a really quick and easy meal that you can throw together in the morning and leave to cook all day. We used kangaroo but any game meat can be used. Try making it for someone who doesn't normally eat wild meat – they'll be back for seconds 😉 Full recipe is at http://www.huntshack.net/food/
Posted by HuntShack on Tuesday, 24 October 2017