With 203kg of prime venison in our freezer, we’re always on the lookout for new recipes. This week, we created an awesome venison chilli using our wet aged, boned venison necks, chipotle chillies and jalapeños the whole family will love. While our recipe packs a punch, you can reduce the warmth by reducing the amount of chillies (or if you’re game, add some more).
As always, if you don’t have venison, you can substitute for any red meat. Let us know in the comments below if you try it out.
- 2kg venison necks (boned and cubed)
- 2 x onions, sliced
- 1 x red capsicum (pepper), chopped
- 1 jar Chipotle in Adobo Sauce
- 1/2 jar sliced jalapeños
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 2 chicken stock cubes
- 500mls boiling water
- Olive oil
- Sour cream and corn chips to serve
- Preheat oven to 150C (302F).
- Heat olive oil in large pot.
- Add onions and capsicum. Sauté until lightly browned.
- Add venison and brown (best to do this in batches so the meat doesn’t boil)
- Add chipotle, stock, water, tomatoes and jalapeños.
- Mix thoroughly, put lid on pot and place in oven.
- Cook until meat falls apart (min. 6 hours). Stir occasionally to ensure meat doesn’t dry out. Add a little more water if necessary.
- Once cooked, serve the venison chilli with a generous dollop of sour cream and some corn chips or tortillas.
Let us know if you try this recipe in the comments below, and don’t forget to follow the HuntShack team on Facebook and Instagram. You can share this article with your friends and family using these links: